Monday, July 12, 2010

To cake, or not to cake?



I know it's irrational and makes absolutely no sense, but I've always had a passion for cupcakes, throwing traditional cake by the wayside. Somehow the cutesy little morsel has always tasted so much better than its more largely sliced counterpart, despite the fact that in reality I'm sure they actually taste exactly alike. And so, like so many other brides before me, I have chosen to go the way of the cupcake. It is not due to budget, or look, or the sake of being non-traditional. No. It is simply because some non-functional braincell in the back of my noggin actually believes that cupcakes taste better. And yeah, they are just completely adorable!

If I were to have a traditional wedding cake, I love, love, LOVE the look of square cakes. They are so sleak and modern looking. It wasn't until last night that I thought, why not have square cupcakes? And a square cupcake tower? That way I can have the look of a traditional square cake, within my cupcake parameters.

And it was just now that I came across the picture posted above. Mini wedding cake cupcakes! I'm sure the bride who originally posted the photo used them as favors, as this is a very popular thing to do, but how cute would it be to use them as my actual cake? I'm not saying I'll actually do this, I may wake up next week thinking, "what a stupid idea that was"...but I do love the idea of square cupcakes.

While I'm on the subject, I thought long and hard about renting a cupcake tower, seeing if the baker could provide one, or even asking the Otesaga if they have one I could use -- I'm sure they do. But I thought, how fun would it be to have my own, that I can take home after the reception, and use for years to come at my children's birthday parties. Creating my own family heirloom. I love it. And so the search for a modern-yet-classic square cupcake tower begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment