Monday, July 26, 2010

Our Vintage Wedding Cake



My mom just offered us the use of my grandparents' wedding topper!! I love this for two reasons: first and most importantly, because my grandparents cannot be there to see us get married and so I would like very much to know that they are there in spirit, and secondly, because it takes the modern aspect of having cupcakes and gives it a vintage spin.

While I am on the subject of the wedding cake, we'll definitely do the cupcakes on a square tower, but will still have the single cake layer on the top for us to cut, which is where the topper will sit. We've been thinking of yummy fall flavors to offer our guests. So far (only as ideas, nothing is concrete, we need a baker first!) we have: gingerbread, pumpkin, carrot, spice, and for our chocolate-lovers out there, red velvet (as it was brought to my attention this afternoon that it is simply a chocolate cake with red food coloring! I was aware of this, but it's enough of a change to make me think it's ok...must be the same disfunctional brain cell that thinks cupcakes taste better than cake)

No comments:

Post a Comment