Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Extraordinary World of Etsy



Ah, Etsy. My newest obsession. For all things handmade, etsy is THE go-to website. I had never heard of it before, but on the advice of other brides-to-be, I ventured over, and entered a world unlike any other I had ever been in! It is the only website I have ever been to where one can buy a robot with a lightbulb for a head, a garter, a diamond ring, and a flask decorated with cupcakes all in one place.

Some things seem a little overpriced, but you must keep in mind that these are hand-crafted items, not mass-produced in a factory. It is this special, homey touch that will add a special look to our wedding day. So far, I have found a card box, calligraphy address stamp, cupcake wrappers and stand, bridesmaid gifts, and cake cutter/toasting glasses. I still have no idea if we'll end up with any of these items, but it's nice to look!

I strongly suggest you check the wonderful world of Etsy out...but please be sure to have at least 2 hours of free time. You're going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment