Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We "Fell" In Love



This is what I worked on today. I'm not sure if this is really feasible, but it fits really well in our vintage theme. They are little toss cones for our guests to throw the contents of on us as we walk up the aisle after the ceremony.

The one above is of course a very rough sample of one. I chose doilies because the lace around the edges creates a vintage, old-fashioned feel. I wasn't sure whether to use the 10" or the 8", but looking at the finished product, I think if we go this route I will switch to the 8", as I don't think an awful lot need to be put inside each one, and the smaller doily will give the finished cone a fuller look.

As for the leaves, from what little literature I have been able to find on the subject, it seems the experts say to use fake silk flowers, as the real leaves crumble too easily and may stain my dress...Yikes! It's so hard to know how many to put in each one, so few brides have done this before! I was thinking to put six leaves in each one, but now am thinking that may be too few. Hmmmm....

Back to the doilies. Tomorrow I'm planning on researching how to create that yellowed look on paper, to give the stark white doilies a more romantic, vintage feel. More to come on that later.

I hope this turns out alright! I'm very excited to have something different and unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment