Sunday, July 25, 2010

Snips and Snails and Walrus Tails



As a vintage touch, I was thinking of having a Brooch Bouquet for myself. I love the old-fashioned look of the feathers and antique pins so eloquently placed throughout the arrangement, and it gives a very vintage feel for what is to not only be my bouquet, but also our sweetheart table centerpiece. I'm hoping to create this using bright pink flowers to add the modern flare I crave.

As for its use as a centerpiece, I would very much like to find some sort of 1920's vintage vase (perhaps sterling silver? I'm undecided on this at the moment) to place the bouquet in for the reception. I don't know how many brides reuse their bouquets in this way (I've seen the bridesmaid bouquets get reused for centerpieces at multiple weddings, but have never paid close enough attention to the bride's), but I love the idea that we would have a different centerpiece from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment