Monday, November 29, 2010

Braving the Bridal Show



Future sister in law came up to visit yesterday, and we went to a bridal show that one of the other bridesmaids was participating in. For those of you that have never been to a bridal show, let me tell you a little about it. First of all, when you walk in the door, all you see is a sea of newly engaged brides and their posses. Some will come with just their mom or one bridesmaid, but some I think bring everyone involved! Once you make your way through all these people, you will be bombarded with so much bridal information you never knew you needed, let alone existed! Tread cautiously as you explore this information, as every vendor in the room will want to talk wedding with you until your ears bleed, especially when they discover which one in your party is the bride! Be prepared to show your ring, tell your wedding date, and fully explain your wedding vision at least 500 times, if not more! Lastly, be prepared to fill out your contact information to win some pretty cool prizes (like free makeup/hair, DJ, or laser hair removal!)

Although most of my vendors are already booked, the trip was still quite informative, and made me realize just how much I really do want the limo experience on my wedding day.



My only problem? With the ceremony and reception being the same venue, we don't technically need a limo. So how can I fit one in? Perhaps to bring the bridal party from my mom's house to the venue the morning of to get ready?

So much to think about and so little time! 313 days seems like forever, but the time has been flying!

In other news, my dress is due to arrive at the salon in the next month or two, which means it's time to start thinking of accessories! The photo below is from the bridal show - my bridesmaid, "Bridal Barbie", is showcasing some lovely accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment