Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Food for Thought



Topic of the day: Menu cards. Are they necessary, or simply a nicety? I have heard many opinions on this, and am still unsure of what I want to do. If dinner were buffet-style, I would say this is a no-brainer. As a "selectitarian", it is always difficult for me to arrive at a buffet and know what I can and cannot eat. Every time, without fail, I will arrive back at my seat with a heaping helpful of food that I cannot eat. So if you are having a buffet-style wedding, please put labels on your food stations!

That said, this is not the case for our wedding. We are having a sit-down dinner, and guests will select their options on the RSVP card before arriving. However, how many times have you gone to a wedding not remembering what you've selected? Even though I almost always select the vegetarian entree, I still am always at a loss to what I am going to eat. And so I think menu cards in the end become a necessary nicety.

This brings me to my big problem: finding a style I like that does not cost an arm and a leg, that coordinate with our invitation style. I absolutely refuse to pay more on menu cards than we did for our invitations (which takes out any professional website with a style I like). I also cannot find any online templates I like, that will fit all of our food options! We will be having an appetizer, salad, and three options for the main course (as well as two dessert options), which is simply too much information for one little card. *sigh*

What is a bride to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment