Sunday, November 21, 2010

DIY Toss Cones: Part II

This morning I decided to turn to my dear friend Google for photo imagery of the perfect ribbon orientation for our toss cones. To my complete and utter shock and amazement, my blog appears on page two of the Google search, and our toss cones are the second photo to appear on Google Images! I have officially made it!

After my excitement had died down a bit, I turned my attention back to the task at hand: how on earth was I going to place ribbon on 150 toss cones, without it taking an hour per cone??

Here are some inspiration photos I found.









After looking at all these beautiful ideas, I set to work myself. Here is the end result:





I used a ribbon hole punch (purchased on sale at Michael's for $3) to create the bow in the front, and a regular one-hole punch to help create the top ribbon, which will allow the toss cones to hang from each chair at the ceremony (although looking at it, the regular one-hole punch seems to create a really large hole, and so I might try the ribbon punch on top as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment