Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Great Centerpiece Debate

*sigh*...my mother is either going to kill me or love me for this one...



Here is what our centerpieces look like at this moment. I love the rustic lantern look. I love that we can reuse the lanterns later. My favorite idea from the florist pertains to this centerpiece (she had suggested surrounding the lantern with a wreath of greens, filled with grapes and pomegranates). I love how it adds a bit of manliness to an otherwise girly-filled day of lace and flowers.

However....

I found a new vintage wedding inspiration website this morning.

www.elizabethanndesigns.com

A lovely website full of DIY ideas to add vintage touches to your special day. It was while sifting through project ideas that I found this:



And fell in love.

It is basically a floral centerpiece, but it adds in the non-floral vintage touches that I have been searching for. Antique picture frames and candlelight add a romantic touch to an otherwise run-of-the-mill centerpiece. I love the addition of the cake stands for added height as well.

Here is a view from the top for better viewing:



The bride chose to surround the candles with lace. This is a must for me, as we have a bit of a lace theme with the doily cones, antique frames, and probably more to come as time goes on.



It is a bit "busy", but then, so are antique shops. It's part of the small-town charm. It is what we grew up with, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment