Friday, August 13, 2010

Engagement Photos, YIKES!

On the docket for this weekend: meet with the florist, and take the engagement photos! We've had a LOT on our minds this week with my health and had almost completely forgot about the photos! My second cyst finally decided he had had enough and burst on Monday. I've been in bed ever since (today is the first day I'm sitting up!)

So....flower ideas....here we go!

Have I talked about this before? I'd like a pink bouquet like this one:



And then the bridesmaids would carry mini bouquets of white ones, like this:



With the Maid of Honor carrying a bouquet of a bit more color. I like the colors in this bouquet, although I do not like the look of the bouquet as a whole....



I think the maid of honor should have a seperate bouquet from the rest of the girls. I've seen weddings where they all have the same one, but that doesn't seem to celebrate her enough. Her job is tough. I'm sure Talita is already quite sick of my weekly emails (and the crazy phone call she's going to get from me tonight when I "simply don't have a thing to wear" for my engagement photos this weekend! She has to help plan the shower as well as the bachelorette party, and then be the one to sign our marriage certificate along with the best man! The least I could do is give her a slightly bigger bouquet! I love the color combination of the one above. It gives it a slightly vintage feel, while still keeping it modern, which after all, is the idea behind the theme! Plus, it coordinates perfectly with her chocolate brown dress!

Now...I know these bouquets do not follow tradition. I understand the Bride is traditionally supposed to carry white, and the bridesmaids colored bouquets. But as Matt said, "what? that's stupid, you have to have a pink bouquet. you ARE pink" (haha)
Also, I thought the photos would look a little silly with the bride with a white bouquet and the bridesmaids in the same pink dress as their bouquets. Why spend all this money on flowers to have them blend in to the dresses? Additionally, it is an excellent way to tie in the modern feel.

We'll see what happens at the florist tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment