Sunday, August 8, 2010

14 Months To Go!




I just received my 14 month email from TheKnot.com!! Only 426 more days to go...but who's counting? ;-)

According to the knot, my goal for this month is to order the Save The Dates. This should be easily accomplished, with the engagement photos being taken this weekend!

We both really wanted to do Save-the-Date magnets. Postcards are cute, but are quickly lost in piles of paper or accidentally thrown away. However, we had a friend send us a magnet for their wedding, and it was prominently displayed on our fridge for the next 6 months! I had never met the couple, but never thought of taking it down. I have heard the same from other friends, who kept these on their fridges for months on end!

But...where to order these so important announcements? Magnetstreet? Vistaprint? These are the two that I constantly hear other brides suggest for this purpose. Other online stationers also do them, such as weddingpaperdivas, invitations by dawn, exclusively weddings, hello ducky, and the green kangaroo! With so many options, where should I begin?

An idea. I would like champagne colored magnets with chocolate brown font, and our names enlarged in a bright pink font. We are planning on using one of our engagement photos for these magnets, and this is where we will tie in our wedding colors. I will be wearing a bright pink shirt, and Matt a chocolate brown!

Colors. And style. These are two items that I am pretty picky about. I have a certain theme and color scheme in my head, and so far have been pretty unsuccessful with finding a ready-made magnet that fits my idea. Magnetstreet is the only place I have looked at thus far that allows its users full editing access of any magnet. I love that I can change font type, size, color, magnet color, background color, etc etc etc. The site also provides coordinating address labels, which I am pretty excited about! Although I do plan on handwriting the recipients' address in calligraphy on each envelope myself (an entirely too large project that I am giving myself two months to complete so as not to interfere with my schoolwork), I am NOT in any way, shape, or form looking forward to writing, and rewriting, and rewriting our return address! It is definitely worth the extra 10c per envelope!

How many do I get? We have a guest list, but I'm not sure how many seperate addresses there are with each one. I guess that's something I will have to wait with until the end of August, when all the address lists will come together! Not much longer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment