Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Touch of Homemade Vintage



I have finally perfected the table names. Of course, this is only the first one, but I am pretty happy with it! We decided to go with vintage postcards of places that hold importance to us as a couple for our table names. At first, we thought it would be easy to find some cool antique postcards online. But, try as I might, the research librarian-in-training was not able to find any! Not even ones of places in Hawaii we had been to!

I finally discovered the perfect place to teach me how to create my own vintage photograph.

http://veerle-v2.duoh.com/blog/comments/photoshop_vintage_effect/

After much trial and error, I have created the postcard you see above. This particular photo is one I took right before Matthew proposed (and so of course this table name is for our sweetheart table). I found a font I loved, and will now use for other aspects of our wedding decor, in order to tie everything together.



In my research, I came across a great website that transforms your photos to look as if they were 100 years old! It is unfortunately entirely in Japanese, so a little confusing to follow, but all you really need to do is upload your photo, click the blue button below, and within a minute....voila!! Automatic old-timey photo!

http://labs.wanokoto.jp/olds

While I absolutely adore this website, and could definitely spend all day transforming all my photos, the effect does not work that well on all photos, and therefore isn't usable for this project...but perhaps for the memory table?

No comments:

Post a Comment