Friday, September 3, 2010

Packaging Ideas for Saving the Date

I've just spent an entire hour on google searching for ideas for packaging our save the dates (mind you I have yet to pick a style of save the date I like...I'm always two steps ahead of myself!) I am becoming quite discouraged that the only "helpful" websites I can find offer advice such as: remember to place the magnets in an envelops and take them to the post office. Really? Who doesn't know how to do that?

What I am looking for, are ideas on for backing the Saves prior to putting them in envelopes. I found one girl who had created pocket folders for her Saves so that she could include an insert with all her pertinent wedding information. I got excited. Then I realized that that defeated the purpose of using a magnet as the Save, as most people will throw away or lose the insert and there goes all your carefully placed information.

The only thing I have been able to find is the following:



I actually really like the idea. It's cute, vintage-looking, and relatively inexpensive. I have plenty of time to find a nice type-writer looking font to write the sentiment we choose on the front, and then figure out how to put it through the printer.

Another idea is to glue a liner inside the envelopes to make them prettier. I did this for the bridesmaid "get to know you" packets, and it was relatively simple to do. However, it was time-consuming and probably not worth the additional cost for the Saves. They would look something like this:



This idea is going to require a LOT of additional research! I never would have thought something as simple as this would require so much extra work!

No comments:

Post a Comment