Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gimme a Head with Hair, Long Beautiful Hair...

I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a friend's wedding over the weekend. The bride asked each of us to have our hair in an up-do, off our faces. We were each able to select our own hairstyles, and I loved how they all came out! They were all so different, yet all so elegant. I think I am going to ask the same of my bridesmaids. I just discovered the Shear Elegance Salon in Cooperstown, NY, and am making it my mission this winter to try them out. Hopefully within the next few weeks I can have an initial consultation with them. My hair is shoulder-length at the moment, and I'd like to know if I need to grow it out in order for the hairstyles I find myself gravitating towards to happen.

The following are wedding hairstyles I find myself looking at, over and over again.

This first is a low, loose bun. I like the classiness of this look, while still being comfortable and less formal. If I decide on an updo, I definitely would like face-framing tendrils.



Here is another low, loose up-do I am loving.



If I went the classic, traditional route, I would choose the french twist. The more I look, the more I realize I am not a traditional bride in the least. While I like the look of this up-do, I am not in love with it, and no matter how I try I cannot picture myself walking down the aisle with this hairstyle.



Here is the one I am truly in love with. This hair looks the most like "me". And more importantly, Matt loves it when my hair is down.



And so, I will take these photos to the salon in a few weeks and try to make a decision. I will keep you informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment