Monday, October 25, 2010

Success in the City!



FH and I went to visit our MOH and her wonderful husband this past weekend, who live near NYC. She very patiently took me around to all the different shops in the city where I could find wedding decor at a good price. I look at this trip as the "looking around" trip. I now know what is there, and at what price, and when I am more prepared to make purchases I will be back, cash in hand!

All in all, I think it was a successful trip. While the boys did their "manly thing" around the city, MOH and I hit up my new favorite store - Jacks. This is NYC's answer to the Christmas Tree Shops, with somehow better deals! It is here that I bought 6 hot pink chair sashes for the ceremony reserved seating aisles. Jacks has them listed at 99c each! The best I had been able to find them at prior this was $4 a piece!

The idea is to have the ceremony seating look something like this:



(of course, we opted to not have an aisle runner, our chairs will be white and the sashes pink, but you get the idea)

Also in the city, I was introduced to the beading district. I found multiple stores that offers fake pearls at $2-2.50 a strand. Perfect for our centerpieces! I ended up buying 3 of a champagne color, and will be back for more after the holiday season.

Next summer, when our wedding is closer, we will go back for out of town bag supplies, the rest of the pearls, and some finishing touches for the bridesmaid gifts. What a great resource to have so close to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment