Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Manzanitas in the fall

I have been obsessing over manzanita branches for awhile now. I love them. I love all the fun sparkly danglies that other brides have put on them. They look so incredibly glamorous. And for the longest time, that was that. Our wedding is not an over-the-top glamorous affair, and so, all I could do was enjoy the trees from afar, like this one:



Most of the displays I saw that did not involve these fun sparkly dangly items would involve fall leaves, such as this:



While this is an absolutely gorgeous display, we are not having a fall themed wedding, and with our colors being chocolate brown and hot pink, it would just not fit to have fall colors at the ceremony and reception as part of the brought-in decor. I'd like to leave that part to Mother Nature.

This morning I finally saw a manzanita branch display that would look amazing at the ceremony, and could easily coordinate with the reception decor!



I love the white flowers, although a peach color might be better for our color scheme and vintage theme. Too excited to share this idea with the florist! How would something like this look on either side of the ceremony setting?

No comments:

Post a Comment