Friday, October 29, 2010

Shower the Newlyweds with Love

I can hardly believe my lucky find! I stumbled across the perfect petal toss cone template yesterday, and am here to share it with you today. Those of you who have been reading this from the beginning may remember my idea to use doilies for toss cones that I was going to stain with tea to make them look vintage. Well, trial after trial, I could not get the fragile pieces to stay together. Nor could I make them look anything other than a crumpled mess. Frustrated and out of ideas, I decided to step away from this project for awhile.

One day last month, I came across this photo:



I loved the clean, classic lines the parchment paper offered, and the script wording on the inside. However, each template I came across did not lend themselves to this type of cone construction.

While reading the blog Jumping the Broom, I finally found it! The perfect template! Here is the link, so you too may create these wonderful goodies!

http://broomjumpingbride.blogspot.com/2009/01/diypetal-cones.html

I bought ivory parchment paper from WalMart. A pack of 100 sheets is $8. Simple brown ribbon from Michael's Craft Store was on sale, 3 spools for $1. I went crazy and spent $5! I plan on filling them with fake fall leaves (found packages of 150 leaves at Dollartree!) I created a mock-up for this post, but have not quite decided how I want to place the ribbon. I like the idea of the above photo, so that each cone may be placed on the back of each ceremony chair, but am not sure about how to glue the ribbon on just yet.

Here is our very first toss cone:





Pricing:

Parchment Paper -- $18
Ribbon -- $5
Leaves -- $20 (I ended up buying most of my leaves in packs of 18 from Michael's, before I discovered the 150 for $1 deal, and so spent much more than I should have)

Total Cost: 30c per guest! (This number is based on 150 guests, and does not include the cost of ink for your printer)

No comments:

Post a Comment