Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Return to Sender

We are determined to move out of our apartment. It feels like the walls are closing in on us. We need more space. Lots of space.

But what about our wedding invitations? I had planned on writing each address in calligraphy myself! If we move in June, and the invitations go out in July, there definitely won't be enough time for all that work to be done! So what is a bride to do?

There are options. I can use address labels for the return address, but that would look funny with handwritten sending addresses.

Wrap-around labels are becoming a popular choice among modern brides. And despite my affection for these beauties, I felt like it would make our invites just a little too casual. Call me old-fashioned. But aren't they adorable?



But then, during my daily perusing of the deliciousness that is weddingbee, I came across another bride's similar dilemma. It is here that I came across the perfect solution. A custom return address stamp, using just our first names so that we can also use it after the wedding!

And so of course I went directly to etsy, where I assumed I would find exactly what I was looking for. Here is what I've found:

These first two are beautifully written with a script font.





And then I found this one with a delicious flourish.



These two have adorable designs surrounding them. I particularly love the one with the birds, which would bring together our emerging love birds theme quite nicely.





And of course, there's the modern look. Circular address labels are coming out, in a big way.



Last, my favorite. I absolutely adore the text with the cute heart in the middle!



And so, crisis averted. I can't wait to know our new address so I can put my order in! How are you addressing your invites?

No comments:

Post a Comment