Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Banding my Belly

With just about 200 days until the big day, I have started to put my thoughts toward our invitations. You may remember I already purchased our DIY invitation kits from Michael's, what seems like ages ago (to be revealed later). Ever since July (or possibly June) they have sat in a plastic tub in "wedding central" (better known as behind hubby's recliner).


(personal photo)

See the BRIDES box peeking out of that top box? Those are my delicious invites. That box has sat right there for almost a year now. And pretty soon, it will be gone.

You can probably see that my invites have a ribbon tied around the neat little package, all laying inside a pocket-fold enclosure. It was only recently that I learned that is what is called a belly band. I love belly bands!! In fact, I think it's fair to say that I've become obsessed.

Just look at how they make each invitation look like a little present, each in it's own cute packaging!








(each photo taken from google images)

But my absolute favorite of these, and one I can apply directly to my own invitations, is this:



I adore the addition of the pink ribbon underneath the thin brown satin ribbon. It's just one more reason I can not WAIT to start putting my invites together!

What little details are you adding to your invites to make them especially yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment