Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A New Year...A New Me?

I am the first to admit I'm not exactly your typical gym rat. In fact, I hate working out. I'd much rather stay curled up in my favorite sweatshirt with a nice mug of hot chocolate (complete with mini marshmallows) than get into shorts and a tank top and climb stairs to nowhere for an hour.

However....

The wedding is now within reach, and I refuse to look back on my wedding photos thinking to myself how I wished I had just spent a few more days at the gym! What is a girl to do?

And then, this morning, I saw this:



While perusing weddingbee this morning, I came across Miss Hippo's official workout plan for her wedding, and I have decided to steal it. What, you may ask, is this great and wonderful plan? Like myself, Miss Hippo has a love for crossing things off on calendars and to-do lists. Her great idea is to cross days off on her calendar ONLY on days she goes to the gym. What a great idea!! I just love seeing that little line (or two) that says I have accomplished something.

But a line on the calendar is not enough for me by itself. I need some accountability. Here is where you come in, dear reader. At the end of every month, for the next 9 months, I will post an update with a photo of that month's calendar. It is my hope that my love for crossing things off combined with my fear of humiliation in any form (public or online) will be enough motivation to get me into the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment